- Alabama State Senator Shadrack McGill (R, of course!) thinks the Bible says we should give teachers crappy pay. He doesn’t think that about Alabama State Senators, as he voted for his own 67% salary increase. Like Jesus would do.
- A 14-year-old home schooled girl asked the Maryland state lawmakers to ban same-sex marriage for her birthday. Then her mom showed up in the ThinkProgress comments and began yelling at everyone
- RNC Chairman Reince Priebus compared President Obama to the captain of the crashed Italian cruise ship Costa Concordia, the guy who ran off and abandoned people to die. The comment was so bad, even Michael Steele was shocked!
- In other Eliminationist news, Michael Reagan called liberals termites “eating away at the foundations” of America.
- War Criminal US Representative Allen West (R, of course!) says Obama, Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi and the chairman of the Democrat National Committee [Debbie Wasserman-Schultz] need to “get the hell out of the United States of America.”
- Florida State Representative Rachel Burgin (R, of course!) forgot to remove the ALEC (American Legislative Exchange Council) boilerplate from the pre-written legislation they sent her to submit! But only a fool would think she was bought and sold by these goons.
- Pity the poor Koch Brothers…
- When Is White History Month dot Tumblr
- Things are getting stupid all over…
A new requirement enacted in North Dakota mandates that the health education provided in the state include information on the benefits of abstinence “until and within marriage.”
- Iowa US Senator Chuck Grassley (R, or course!) goes nuts on the Senate floor over Obama’s recess appointments.
- North Carolina State Representative Larry Pittman (R, of course!) says we need to bring back public hangings, starting with abortion providers.
- Info about all of Mitt Romney’s offshore accounts
New Jersey Governor Chris Christie (R, of course!) said “The fact of the matter is, I think people would have been happy to have a referendum on civil rights rather than fighting and dying in the streets in the South,” while referring to a gay marriage initiative, causing much criticism.
- This is an actual shirt:
- China made their own bootleg Ford F-150
- Cartoon of the Day:
Categories: #culturewar, #drainclogs, #politicians, #pundits Tags: abortion, Abstinence doesn't work, Alabama, ALEC, Allen West, Chris Christie, Chuck Grassley, education, Florida, home schooled, Iowa, Jesus, Koch Brothers, Larry Pittman, Maryland, Michael Reagan, Michael Steele, Mitt Romney, New Jersey, North Carolina, North Dakota, Rachel Burgin, Reince Priebus, secret homosexual agenda, Shadrack McGill, Terrence Nowicki Jr, Wingnut Wear
If you’ve read The Wrecking Crew by Thomas Frank you will be familiar with the vast direct mail fundraising apparatus the Right has. Now, the modern Web 2.0 version has been operation for years, and Salon has exposed that like before most of the money goes to the firms and not the candidates.
Thousands of grassroots conservative donors around the country who believe they are contributing to the fight to reclaim Congress in the fall have actually poured millions of dollars into a group of political action committees whose primary function appears to be enriching a notorious Washington direct mail fundraising firm, Salon’s review of the groups’ FEC filings shows.
The PACs — Freedom’s Defense Fund, the Black Republican PAC, Veterans for Victory, and the Republican Member Senate Fund — are all based out of post office boxes in Washington and all have a treasurer in common: Scott Mackenzie, a campaign finance consultant at Base Connect, the direct mail firm. Formerly known as BMW Direct, Base Connect has long been controversial for its practice of raising large sums of money for long-shot conservative candidates, who in turn pay Base Connect as much as 80 or 90 percent of the money raised for its services.
This is just the Free Market in action, baby! Also the new Politisink Concerned Americans for an American America Patriot Freedom Eagle PAC is now seeking donations, we promise that we may eventually get around to giving money to a candidate.
Speaking of Right Wing nuts, the Washington Post has a neat article up about how Colonial Williamsburg has become sort of a Mecca for Wingnuts wanting to hear the founding fathers give rousing speeches. The Founding Fathers are played by actors, many of which aren’t into the crazy wingnut beat and are shooting down Glenn Beck talking points while in character. It rules.
The Iowa GOP wants to join the ranks of the other crazy state GOP groups, so they’ve decided to support the “original” 13th Amendment solely because they want to try to use it to strip Obama’s citizenship. At least they think Obama is a citizen…
In other citizenship news, Republicans love the Constitution except for every part of it that isn’t the 2nd Amendment. And now they want to toss the 14th Amendment because too many brown babies are being born. Oh, wait, it’s to “fight illegal immigration” aka too many brown babies are being born. The following Senators hate babies: Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, Jon Kyl of Arizona, John McCain of Arizona, Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, and Chuck Grassley of Iowa.
Prop 8 got overturned! Until the appeal…
but that means we got awesome Right Wing comments!
Please don’t forget the people of Lut who were engagad in the same indecent acts as these gays/lesbian doing in this modern era.
God punished them with 5 sentences :
1) Rain of stones fell on them
2) Upside down the place where this thing had been going
3) Their faces were burnt
4) There was a big voice which torn them down.
5) Gabreil again upside down their place .
No nation in the past was given that stern punishment as nation of Lut..
May God give us the righteous path, the path of success in this life & hereafter. Amen.
PEACE TO ALL.
We’re gonna get upside down the place here twice! Oddly enough, this person hid their profile…
Glenn Beck loves the white power…at least his Twitter did until caught!
Glenn Beck’s band of merry morons got a book pulled from a New Jersey library. Please call your local library and get Beck’s books banned. Or not, because we’re better than that.
Did you hear about the prison guard who killed a dude to steal his gun to use to overthrow the US government in the name of Right Wing Freedom? Well, now you have. Raymond Peake and fellow guard Thomas Tuso are in some trouble now, entirely because of the Federal Government is out to get them. And the murder. But mostly that the Federal Government is out to get them.
Apparently this happened when I wasn’t paying attention:
Despite the right saying it was a plant, it turns out it is a right wing dude who claims he didn’t know it was racist. Right.
Cats for Gold is the best site since the last best site!