- The Republicans want to gut Medicaid
- US Bank Wachovia launders billions for Mexican drug lords, no one charged with anything
- Missouri Lt. Gov. Peter Kinder (R) – and possible governor candidate – has spent 329 nights at hotels and casinos in St. Louis and St. Louis County since 2006 and the taxpayers paid the bills. Important government functions? Nope! Baseball games, society balls, political fundraisers… Kinder said “I’m not talking to you” when asked about this.
- Protests in front of Koch Industries’s DC office today on the anniversary of the assassination of Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Wisconsin police refused orders to detain the missing Democrat Senators
- Obama is a coward.
- Cartoon of the Day:
Yes, you read that right! The Missouri Tea Party groups, Joe the Plumber, and a whole host of conservative douche-gobblers have all come out against a law that would stop puppy mills in Missouri. The War on Puppies stance from the Teabagger groups is gobsmackingly dumb, but not as dumb as some of the quotes from the various nutjobs. Be warned that this article will eventually have quotes about abused dogs at some of the puppy mills run by some of the people orchestrating the War on Puppies.
Proposition B (or the “Puppy Mill Cruelty Prevention Act”) in on the Missouri Ballot this November and is intended to stomp out 3000 puppy mills in Missouri, which is 30% of puppy mills nationwide. It is supported by Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) and practically every animal rights organization in the country.
Evil bastards Alliance For Truth (we are fair and balanced here!) take exception to the law, claiming the HSUS has a “radical agenda” and is “misleading the public with its intentions on Prop B. The society seeks only to raise the cost of breeding dogs, making it ever-more difficult for middle-class American families to be dog-owners.” This is the kind of arguments usually used against PeTA and Cass Sunstein, but as HSUS isn’t a bunch of wackos, it doesn’t play well here.
Anita Andrews from Alliance For Truth told TPM that it’s a “deceptive, lying bill” that is “trying to purposefully get rid of the breeders.” The state of Missouri, she said, has been given a bad rap as “the puppy mill capitol” of the U.S. but “in truth we have the best ribbon breeders in the country.” And, Andrews said, the state already has anti-cruelty laws on the books.
“They don’t like animals,” she said of the Humane Society of the United States.
Yes, “They don’t like animals” – This is real life, folks, not The Onion. Someone actually said this.
- Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack has apologized to Shirley Sherrod over forcing her to resign due to doctored footage on the Breitbart Big Hollywood site. Maybe the Obama Administration won’t be spineless douchebags next time…HA! One thing is for sure, the media will still treat Breitbart like a legitimate news source and not like the snakeoil salesman he is. No word on what black institution Breitbart will smear next, but we’ll keep you posted!
- Missouri Republican candidate Ed Martin says Obama is taking away your “freedom, to find your salvation, to get your salvation”. Damn you, Obama!!
- The Republican National Committee failed to report more than $7 million in debt to the Federal Election Commission in recent months – and people are blaming Michael Steele again, who will not get fired for this, either.
- Sadly, that is not that big of a deal, because the FoxNews and the teabaggers control the message better than the GOP did, and Karl Rove’s PAC American Crossroads has millions on hand from the GOP’s former secret donors (still secret) and will be spending it come November.
- In Oakland, Byron Williams was pulled over by the cops on his way to killing liberals in San Francisco at the ACLU and the Tides Foundation and a major gun battle ensued. Two officers were wounded by broken glass and Williams was injured. This Real American Patriot is obviously a liberal plant and was quickly denounced as one by every Right Wing site on the internet. Hey, Beck talked about the Tides Foundation! But obviously a coincidence from this left wing infiltrator.
- The Minutemen LOLfest between Chris Simcox and Stacey O’Connell became more hilarious when Simcox claimed that he was being hunted down by bounty hunter O’Connell because O’Connell was sleeping with his wife.
- Former GOP Congressman Tim Walberg (who is trying to return to Congress) says “With the 9/12 movement, the Tea Party, people are standing up really for the first time in history” Yeah, fuck you, Civil Rights Movement! It’s all about the Teabaggers! Up your, labor! You aren’t real people!
- We’re doing this as an html list because someone said people pay more attentions to html lists vs just items written in a line Is that true? Say your piece in the comments!
- Wingnut Site of the Day: NAACPC – The National Association for the Advancement of Conservative People of All Colors – Two black Teabaggers – Lloyd Marcus and Frantz Kebreau – set this up to troll the NAACP with Teabagger backing! You might be familiar with Lloyd Marcus as he’s the black guy the teabaggers bring out to every gathering to prove they are not racist.
- Cartoon of the Day:
Kansas Republican Kevin Yoder doesn’t have children, so he hired fake ones, and then also hired lobbyists and executives to play working folk. I guess maybe Yoder can say he’s creating jobs or something…
Bristol Palin is horrible….at acting
California has a Whooping Cough epidemic. I am sure it has nothing to do with crazy idiots who think vaccines cause autism. And by “nothing to do”, I mean “everything to do”! Don’t get your medical advice from unfunny Playboy models, people!
After a story about Jungerman’s trailer ran in Sunday’s Star, however, some readers called him a hypocrite for criticizing others for getting government help while taking government subsidies paid for by taxpayers.
Jungerman said he put up the sign to protest people who pay no taxes, but, “Always have their hand out for whatever the government will give them” in social programs.
Parasites were unavailable for comment…no, wait, Jungerman did comment!