Some roundup stuff from the past week you may have missed…
Republican Delegate Dave Albo, one of the co-sponsors of Virginia’s trans-vaginal ultrasound bill (aka state-sanctioned rape), explains that his wife has stopped having sex with him because of his sponsoring of the bill.
And, yes, the trans-vaginal portion of the bill was modified, but it still passed yesterday
- Bill Koch – major Romney donor – does creepy stuff with women.
- Here’s another Billionaire Behaving Badly
- Pinal County Sheriff, and current Congressional candidate in Arizona’s 4th District Paul Babeu had a huge scandal where he is accused of threatening his undocumented male lover with deportation. That caused him to quit his position in the Mitt Romney campaign, but that’s it. Then some more things came out.
- Indiana State Representative Bob Morris (R- Of course!) refused to sign a pledge congratulating the Girl Scouts on their 100th anniversary “because the organization supports abortion and homosexuality.”
- In response to the flap about Mormons repeatedly baptising Anne Frank and other Holocaust victims, you can go to a website and turn dead Mormons into gay dead Mormons
- Marie Colvin – the most awesome female journalist ever – was killed in Syria
- From Protecting The Vote
- New York State Senator Mark J. Grisant (R, of course!) gets into brawls at casinos and may have been yelling racist remarks at the police.
- Explosives were found in a truck parked near the Kansas Statehouse, and a different nut was arrested for making threats to Governor Sam Brownback.
- Pete Hoekstra tries to erase all evidence of his racist anti-Chinese ad.
- And if you missed Fox News contributor Liz Trotta’s awful comments about women in the military, here it is.
- Picture of the day:
- Cartoon of the day:
Categories: #culturewar, #drainclogs, #politicians, #pundits Tags: Anne Frank, Arizona, Bill Koch, Bob Morris, Dave Albo, Frank VanderSloot, Girl Scouts, Holocaust, Immigration, Indiana, Kansas, Marie Colvin, Mark J. Grisant, Mitt Romney, Mormons, Nate Beeler, New York, not racist, Paul Babeu, Peter Hoekstra, Sam Brownback, Virginia
- If you remember the Susan G Komen dumping Planned Parenthood debacle, don’t think that’s the end, because the Republicans have gone full speed crazy into the War on Contraception as part of their War on Women and War on the Poor.
- The Virginia House of Delegates just passed a bill requiring a vaginal ultrasound before you get an abortion.
- A Sioux City Iowa Bishop demands violent opposition to birth control
- Awesome Virginia State Senator Janet Howell struck back with a joke amendment demanding men get rectal exams for ED medicine. It did not make the final bill.
- Not to be outdone, now the Virginia House of Delegates passed a “zygote is a person” law! It is unknown if under this bill you can deduct used tampons as dependents on your taxes
- And here is Ron Paul ranting about “honest rape.”
- Reddit reluctantly agreed to take down boards containing child porn after being shamed by the goons at SomethingAwful. But don’t worry, this was waiting at Reddit:
- If you remember this super-racist commercial from Michigan senate candidate Peter Hoekstra –
Then you will be happy to know it has killed his poll numbers.
- Romney got googlebombed!
- The TSA is using body scanners to peep on hot chicks
- Certified Nutjob Bill Turner has scribed a pretty kickin’ Super Obama Conspiracy rant
- Cartoon of the Day:
Categories: #culturewar, #drainclogs, #politicians, #pundits, #snakeoil Tags: abortion, Bill Turner, Family Research Council, Global Warming, insemination with marxist crap, Invade all vaginas!, Janet Howell, Matt Bors, Mitt Romney, Peter Hoekstra, Planned Parenthood, rape, Reddit, Rick Santorum, Ron Paul, Susan G Komen, TSA, Virginia, Walker Nickless, War on Women
DailyKos has a good writeup on The National Organization for Marriage’s scary Ruth Institute, which wants to bring women into the good ol’ days of 1837! Featuring a specific goal of Maintain at least a replacement-level birth rate, so that the devastation of a European-style “demographic winter” is avoided. That means, breed like rabbits, white people, before brown comes to town!
Elena Kagan was officially nominated to the Supreme Court today. Expect conservatives to come out of the woodwork opposing her just because. We’re not too thrilled, but for reasons that aren’t Obama derangement syndrome.