- America is poor as hell. Thank you Republicans and awful Democrats. Class warfare, people!
- In a battle between Lady Gaga and John McCain, I choose Lady Gaga!
- Holy blast from the past (for me)! A long time ago (circa 2005-6) I used to make fun of this dude on the internet named Hans Zeiger who was totally into the Boy Scouts to the point where he probably wore his scout uniform as underwear. He wrote for WorldNetDaily and then eventually dropped off the face of the Earth after appearing in a Penn and Teller Bullshit episode. And now he’s a candidate for State House in Washington!
- Pennsylvania governor Ed Rendell got ticked off at the reports of gas protestors being included in the Homeland Security reports and terminated it. Good job, Rendell! The Institute of Terrorism Research and Response was the company doing all the reporting and their website is scary, with lots of military imagery and a giant owl face. And chess.
- Speaking of the Homeland Security Reports, friend of the site and fellow goon tacodaemon caught Foxnation.com lying about Tea Parties being on the lists and sent it into Media Matters, who put up an article about it.
- Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert are going to hold dueling rallies in DC on October 30th. Expect the Teabaggers to cry and whine like the babies they are. Stewart’s rally will be the “Rally to Restore Sanity”, while Colbert’s is the “March to Keep Fear Alive”
- Former chair of the Florida Republican Party Jim Greer apologizes about calling Obama a socialist.
I wanted to send you my thoughts about the Obama speech to kids …
“In the year since I issued a prepared statement regarding President Obama speaking to the Nation’s school children, I have learned a great deal about the party I so deeply loved and served. Unfortunately, I found that many within the GOP have racist views and I apologize to the President for my opposition to his speech last year and my efforts to placate the extremists who dominate our Party today. My children and I look forward to the President’s speech.”
- A former military contractor stole millions of dollars??? Totally shocked here. Actually, I am shocked, as this guy’s going to jail!
- A new site has popped up guaranteeing you all the latest horrible and offensive comments from FOXNews.com. Introducing Fox News Comments.com!
- At a press conference at the Yelp headquarters in San Francisco, Meg Whitman (California governor hopeful and record-breaking campaign self financier) was asked by an audience member why she continues to run false and deliberately misleading campaign ads. Watch Whitman’s pathetically floundering response on Crooks And Liars!
- The Teabaggers made a float with Obama whipping a white guy, and probably grumbled while they were building it about how everyone thinks their racist for no reason at all!
- Cartoon of the Day: