- America’s toughest Sheriff, Sheriff Joe Arpaio, roasted a woman alive in the hot desert sun and no one is going to get punished at all.
- Have you seen that movie Gasland? Well, the Pennsylvania Office of Homeland Security thinks that makes you a criminal and now they’re tracking your movements and sending the information to gas companies. Isn’t it great all crime in Pennsylvania has been solved so now they can focus on what movies you watch?
- Incessant wingnut whining about another issue (BLACK PEOPLE!!!!!) is causing the DOJ IG to investigate the New Black Panthers non-issue. I’m sure they’ll find just as much as they did on ACORN (that was nothing, btw)
- Astroturf group FreedomWorks is setting up “DiversiTea“, an attempt to get more minorities at the tea parties than the same five or so people they bus all over the country. You see, gas prices are going up! I expect this will double the amount of minorities in the Tea Party to an even dozen!
- Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich said Obama may follow a “Kenyan, anti-colonial” worldview.
“What if [Obama] is so outside our comprehension, that only if you understand Kenyan, anti-colonial behavior, can you begin to piece together [his actions]?
Newt is undoubtedly speaking to the birther fringe with those comments. I don’t think he really believes Obama was born in Kenya, but Newt wants to be president and is trying to cozy up to the Teabaggers (who HATE him, btw)
- Speaking of Newt, he has a new video with his wife where they say Islam is the most dangerous thing to happen to America since the sticking your fingers into light sockets fad of 1917. They still hate you, Newt and wife #3.
- Andrew Breitbart admits he’s tricking people.
- Besides the Koran events we reported on over the weekend, ThinkProgress has a good list of other events that show how awesomely scary the rhetoric has become. Highlights include burned and pooed on Korans and burned and shot Korans. Still waiting for some confused person to burn a Korn cd…
- The best Koran event was in Amarillo, TX, where our old friends Repent Amarillo (who still send my fake email account long essays about wrongly interpreted passages of the bible) were going to burn a Koran in an event they didn’t bother to email me about. Passing by was 23-year-old skateboarder Jacob Isom, who snatched the Koran and said “Dude, you have no Quran!” and ran off. Now, we support the right of Repent Amarillo to burn the Koran if they so want to, but this is hilarious. Isom later gave the Koran to a Muslim guy at a nearby rally against the hate by Amarillo Unitarian Universalist Fellowship.
- Cartoon of the Day: