- FreeRepublic.com is getting sued by a lawyer who buys up content rights from newspapers and then sues blogs that reprint the content. Basically, he’s a Copyright Troll, which is like a Patent Troll. He’s also a giant douchebag if this Wired write-up is to be believed. He has to be bad because we’re siding with FreeRepublic.com on this one! We’ll have more on Freerepublic’s last time they got sued by newspapers in the upcoming history of FreeRepublic.com article.
- Republican Colorado U.S. Senate candidate Ken Buck called Birthers “dumbasses”!
- Tom Tancredo (Racist-CO) will run for governor of Colorado as a Constitution Party Candidate! And he’s already gotten into shouting matches!
- Texas Rep. Lamar Smith (R-of course) was on Lou Dobb’s radio show saying Obama’s close to violating his oath of office. Tom Tancredo isn’t one to speak softly, he just up and says “Mr. Obama is a more serious threat to America than al Qaeda.”
- Republican Tennessee Rep. Zach Wamp (R-03) is planning on seceding from the union over the health care bill. He quickly backpedaled faster than Lance Armstrong twisted backwards.
- In the midst of the whole flap over Shirley Sherrod, the Senate strips funding for Black Farmers who were discriminated against for decades. Good job, senate! By good I mean bad.
- WikiLeaks posted a bajillion leaked military documents about Afghanistan
- US Pay Czar Kenneth Feinberg is a giant pussy who just cost you $1.6 billion. Change.
- Michele Bachman can’t do anything right – Her rollout of the Tea Party Caucus was filled with blunder after blunder.
- What if Sharron Angle held a press conference, and then ran away when the press actually tried to ask her questions!? Wonder no more cuz it happened!
- Operation Rescue founder Randall Terry has launched a campaign to burn Lindsay Graham in effigy because he is not voting against Elena Kagan
- Salon sez:
The IRS filing of American Crossroads, an outside 527 group that was conceived by Rove and ex-RNC chair Ed Gillespie, gives a good taste of who is funding the GOP effort to make big gains in the House and Senate come the fall. The group has already burned through $600,000 on ads attacking Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, who is facing a reelection contest against Republican Sharron Angle (see one of the spots below). Chaired by another ex-RNC chair, Mike Duncan, American Crossroads has pledged to raise $50 million to beat Democrats in the midterms and has been seen by some as a competitor to the Republican National Committee itself.
- There are no limits on how much corporations, unions, and individuals can donate to 527 groups.
Those four dudes: Trevor Rees-Jones, president of Dallas-based Chief Oil and Gas $1 million; Bradley Wayne Hughes, chairman of Public Storage Inc, $1.55 million to date; Harold Simmons, owner of Southwest Louisiana Land LLC; Robert Rowling, owner of TRT Holdings, $1 million.
- Buy an Obama Stress Head, mofos! The Weekly Standard could sure use the cash.
- Cartoon of the Day:
Categories: #astroturf, #culturewar, #drainclogs Tags: Afghanistan, American Crossroads, Birthers, Colorado, Elena Kagan, FreeRepublic.com, Immigration, Karl Rove, Ken Buck, Kenneth Feinberg, Lamar Smith, Michele Bachmann, Mike Lester, Nevada, not racist, Operation Rescue, Randall Terry, Sharron Angle, Shirley Sherrod, Tea Party Caucus, Tennessee, Texas, Tom Tancredo, Wikileaks, Zach Wamp