- Clarence Thomas is corrupt as fuck, but you’ll never know it because Rep. Anthony Weiner is scummy.
- The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) gutted their domestic terror group after Wingnuts went insane over the domestic terror report “Right-wing Extremism: Current Economic and Political Climate Fueling Resurgence in Radicalization and Recruitment” (pdf) More here
- Conservative group Americans for Prosperity put up fake eviction notices all over a Detroit neighborhood.
- Kill two people? Rich? Welcome to just house arrest!
- Cisco and the US government are teaming up to go after corporate whistleblowers. Go go team Corporate Thugocracy!
- Haiti made an oil deal with Hugo Chavez to save money and the US state department crushed it.
- The US also acted on behalf of Hanes and Levis to keep poor Haitians making slave wages. Go go team Corporate Thugocracy!
- Cartoon of the Day:
NBComcast is a reality. God help us all.
Maine Governor Paul LePage told the NAACP to “kiss my butt” then started rambling on about his “black son”. His full grown black son. Who moved into the house in 2002. After LePage used his dad as a caddy in Jamaica. The grown man has never been adopted by LePage. FYI, LePage ended up going to the NAACP event regardless of his butt kissing fetish.
Alabama Governor Robert Bentley get inaugurated, declares all non-Christians aren’t his brothers and sisters. But he didn’t mean to insult anyone.
RedState’s Erick Erickson is quitting his city council job that he never shows up to to become a radio show host!
Crazy Teabagger Nevada Senate Candidate Sharron Angle is on government health care.
Tea Party Patriots got a $1 million anonymous donation from someone horrible. Grass roots millionaires! Remember that Tea Party Patriots was the “grassroots” teabagger group formed by Freedomworks and Washington insider Dick Armey, who still secretly run TPP despite claiming not to.
Health insurance companies decide that they aren’t going to insure kids only anymore. Thank goodness we don’t have single payer, because…..uh…socialism, I guess. Little Billy we be happy as he dies since his mom can’t afford to insure both him and herself.
Senator Saxby Chambliss’s staffers spend their days writing hate comments on websites.
- Freedomworks head and Teabagger grifter Dick Armey thinks 3% of voters are dead and voting Democratic.
- D.C. Douglas has a new video out about the Koran burning:
- The Republicans are running homeless people on the Green Party to siphon off votes from the Democrats. This guy Steve May was on NPR defending this yesterday and he claimed he was friends with all these homeless people and they were real. He also wants to sell you a bridge in Brooklyn.
- Arizona governor Jan Brewer can’t debate, but she sure can take $1.5 million from Timothy Mellon, a Wyoming millionaire to help defend her SB1070 law
- Wifebeating racist cartoonist Mike Lester (who has been featured here as a Cartoon of the Day a few times) has gone all legal threats happy on a fellow cartoonist who dared to call Lester the racist he is!
lease be aware that your comments are being monitored. Like all our readers, you are free to disagree w/ my cartoons. However, should you libel and or slander me or my newspaper publicly, we will seek legal remedy. We are also in possession of previous blog entries.
re: your hilarious and insane threat to sue me
I appreciate your alerting me that my comments are being monitored. I am not sure if you are aware of this, but that is generally what people hope happen to their comments when they are posted on a website on the internet. I am glad to hear you are also in possession of previous blog entries. I too have internet access.
As a professional courtesy, please consider spelling my name correctly when delivering any future baseless and ludicrous threats because your feelings were hurt. As a personal favor, please stop making racist, ignorant and illogical cartoons.
-August J. Pollak
- Iowa For Freedom is ticked over the gay marriage in Iowa and is trying to get a bunch of judges yanked. They are even lying about support from former SCOTUS judges to do it.
- The Koran burning is on-again, off-again, with the tiny church pastor Terry Jones saying he’s not going to do it because the community center got moved, the community center not knowing what he’s talking about, and Donald Trump wandering in. And Fred Phleps is claiming he’ll burn Korans if the other guy chickens out. Who knows??? We’ll see tomorrow if things go up in flames.
At Politisink, we agree the church has the right to burn the Korans because free speech is awesome, but free speech also gives us the right to call this shenanigan damn dumb. Because it is damn dumb.
- Wonkette does our job for us (because Wonkette gets paid to do it, while we just update during lunch or after work) and posts a bunch of posts from wackos on Sarah Palin’s Facebook page that disagree with her on the Koran burning.
- Our friends at Resistnet.com have freaked out over the Koran burning, by deleting every post that mentions it and even shutting down chat in an effort to stem the calls for Muslim Final Solutions that are appearing all over the site, probably because they know we’re watching them. Because we are. At the same time, the Resistnet Admins are going to New York with a petition to try to get the Community Center moved.
- Already read Over the Cliff? Think American Taliban was keen? Enjoy people writing about how the Teabaggers are a bunch of suckers? Than this book (The Backlash by Will Bunch) might be interesting, but I haven’t read it yet so who knows?
- Being in San Bruno when it explodes is not as fun as you might think. But Tanforan Mall stayed open extra hours for those of us trapped in traffic as the mountain nearby burned from the gas pipe explosion. At least 4 are dead and 38 homes completely destroyed with hundreds damaged.
- Cartoon of the Day:
- 2nd Amendment wackos are driving away tax collectors at Wyoming gun shows. I guess they love America so much they refuse to pay for it.
- I can’t see anything going wrong with our latest secret wars. Oh, wait, these are the cool Secret Wars from Marvel comics…
- Here is a classic Salon story from Feb 2009 about how troops were mistreated upon returning home that you can read if you want to be more depressed.
- Businesses are paying out too much in pensions, then demanding all the money back!
- Twitter drama in Kansas as the Republican campaign for Mike Pompeo Twittered a link to a blog written by crazy racist Sgt. Bob Pinkstaff retired. Democratic candidate Raj Goyle was rather upset and is making a big deal of the issue. Even better, this is actually a close race in conservative Kansas.
Wednesday afternoon a staffer used Twitter to post a link to a blog. That blog, said to be written by Gunnery Sergeant Bob Pinkstaff USMC retired, questions candidate Raj Goyle’s religious beliefs.
Here is an excerpt from the blog as written:
“Just like his evil muslim communist USURPER comrad, barack hussein obama, This goyle character is just another “turban topper” we don’t need in congress or any political office that deals with the U.S. Constitution, Christianity and the United States of America!!!”
Sgt. Pinkstaff is a mainstay on many Ning sites, including Resistnet, and we’ve featured him in some of the Wingnut Webs in the past. And now you can see his whole pink staff in human form (staff not seen) in this news report of the incident.
- Cartoon of the Day:
- FreeRepublic.com is getting sued by a lawyer who buys up content rights from newspapers and then sues blogs that reprint the content. Basically, he’s a Copyright Troll, which is like a Patent Troll. He’s also a giant douchebag if this Wired write-up is to be believed. He has to be bad because we’re siding with FreeRepublic.com on this one! We’ll have more on Freerepublic’s last time they got sued by newspapers in the upcoming history of FreeRepublic.com article.
- Republican Colorado U.S. Senate candidate Ken Buck called Birthers “dumbasses”!
- Tom Tancredo (Racist-CO) will run for governor of Colorado as a Constitution Party Candidate! And he’s already gotten into shouting matches!
- Texas Rep. Lamar Smith (R-of course) was on Lou Dobb’s radio show saying Obama’s close to violating his oath of office. Tom Tancredo isn’t one to speak softly, he just up and says “Mr. Obama is a more serious threat to America than al Qaeda.”
- Republican Tennessee Rep. Zach Wamp (R-03) is planning on seceding from the union over the health care bill. He quickly backpedaled faster than Lance Armstrong twisted backwards.
- In the midst of the whole flap over Shirley Sherrod, the Senate strips funding for Black Farmers who were discriminated against for decades. Good job, senate! By good I mean bad.
- WikiLeaks posted a bajillion leaked military documents about Afghanistan
- US Pay Czar Kenneth Feinberg is a giant pussy who just cost you $1.6 billion. Change.
- Michele Bachman can’t do anything right – Her rollout of the Tea Party Caucus was filled with blunder after blunder.
- What if Sharron Angle held a press conference, and then ran away when the press actually tried to ask her questions!? Wonder no more cuz it happened!
- Operation Rescue founder Randall Terry has launched a campaign to burn Lindsay Graham in effigy because he is not voting against Elena Kagan
- Salon sez:
The IRS filing of American Crossroads, an outside 527 group that was conceived by Rove and ex-RNC chair Ed Gillespie, gives a good taste of who is funding the GOP effort to make big gains in the House and Senate come the fall. The group has already burned through $600,000 on ads attacking Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, who is facing a reelection contest against Republican Sharron Angle (see one of the spots below). Chaired by another ex-RNC chair, Mike Duncan, American Crossroads has pledged to raise $50 million to beat Democrats in the midterms and has been seen by some as a competitor to the Republican National Committee itself.
- There are no limits on how much corporations, unions, and individuals can donate to 527 groups.
Those four dudes: Trevor Rees-Jones, president of Dallas-based Chief Oil and Gas $1 million; Bradley Wayne Hughes, chairman of Public Storage Inc, $1.55 million to date; Harold Simmons, owner of Southwest Louisiana Land LLC; Robert Rowling, owner of TRT Holdings, $1 million.
- Buy an Obama Stress Head, mofos! The Weekly Standard could sure use the cash.
- Cartoon of the Day:
Categories: #astroturf, #culturewar, #drainclogs Tags: Afghanistan, American Crossroads, Birthers, Colorado, Elena Kagan, FreeRepublic.com, Immigration, Karl Rove, Ken Buck, Kenneth Feinberg, Lamar Smith, Michele Bachmann, Mike Lester, Nevada, not racist, Operation Rescue, Randall Terry, Sharron Angle, Shirley Sherrod, Tea Party Caucus, Tennessee, Texas, Tom Tancredo, Wikileaks, Zach Wamp
Will Folks, the blogger not married to SC Republican gubernatorial candidate Nikki Haley who claims he was getting naughty with her, has released text messages that he says proves the affair. They certainly prove that texting was done.
James O’Keefe, fake ACORN pimp, got a slap on the wrist for his federal wiretapping crimes today. It helps to commit illegal acts with the son of a powerful district attorney. Keep in mind that is O’Keefe was brown, Republicans would be on TV calling for his summary execution without trial. O’Keefe has vowed to continue his “undercover work”, and is probably continuing it right now by breaking into your house and going through your wife’s underwear drawer.