“Turn This Ship Around” is a real ad from Mark Oxner, who is battling Alan Grayson in Florida.
Help turn this ship around! Go to http://MarkOxnerForCongress.com to stop Obama and his pet progressive parrot, Alan Grayson! Share with everyone to give Grayson the bird
- Alabama State Senator Shadrack McGill (R, of course!) thinks the Bible says we should give teachers crappy pay. He doesn’t think that about Alabama State Senators, as he voted for his own 67% salary increase. Like Jesus would do.
- A 14-year-old home schooled girl asked the Maryland state lawmakers to ban same-sex marriage for her birthday. Then her mom showed up in the ThinkProgress comments and began yelling at everyone
- RNC Chairman Reince Priebus compared President Obama to the captain of the crashed Italian cruise ship Costa Concordia, the guy who ran off and abandoned people to die. The comment was so bad, even Michael Steele was shocked!
- In other Eliminationist news, Michael Reagan called liberals termites “eating away at the foundations” of America.
- War Criminal US Representative Allen West (R, of course!) says Obama, Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi and the chairman of the Democrat National Committee [Debbie Wasserman-Schultz] need to “get the hell out of the United States of America.”
- Florida State Representative Rachel Burgin (R, of course!) forgot to remove the ALEC (American Legislative Exchange Council) boilerplate from the pre-written legislation they sent her to submit! But only a fool would think she was bought and sold by these goons.
- Pity the poor Koch Brothers…
- When Is White History Month dot Tumblr
- Things are getting stupid all over…
A new requirement enacted in North Dakota mandates that the health education provided in the state include information on the benefits of abstinence “until and within marriage.”
- Iowa US Senator Chuck Grassley (R, or course!) goes nuts on the Senate floor over Obama’s recess appointments.
- North Carolina State Representative Larry Pittman (R, of course!) says we need to bring back public hangings, starting with abortion providers.
- Info about all of Mitt Romney’s offshore accounts
New Jersey Governor Chris Christie (R, of course!) said “The fact of the matter is, I think people would have been happy to have a referendum on civil rights rather than fighting and dying in the streets in the South,” while referring to a gay marriage initiative, causing much criticism.
- This is an actual shirt:
- China made their own bootleg Ford F-150
- Cartoon of the Day:
Categories: #culturewar, #drainclogs, #politicians, #pundits Tags: abortion, Abstinence doesn't work, Alabama, ALEC, Allen West, Chris Christie, Chuck Grassley, education, Florida, home schooled, Iowa, Jesus, Koch Brothers, Larry Pittman, Maryland, Michael Reagan, Michael Steele, Mitt Romney, New Jersey, North Carolina, North Dakota, Rachel Burgin, Reince Priebus, secret homosexual agenda, Shadrack McGill, Terrence Nowicki Jr, Wingnut Wear
- US Coast Guard to escort grain ship as the military is now being used against striking workers. This is the first time since 1970 and Nixon ordered troops during the postal strike. Between that and the indefinite detention, it’s a proud time to be an American!
- Conservative Huttese Gangster Rush Limbaugh defended attacks against Mitt Romney in regards to Bain Capital, but failed to mention that Bain Capital owns Clear Channel Media, and thus is paying Limbaugh $400 million
- The New York Times – Should we check facts occasionally? They’re seriously asking people that, instead of going “Of course we should, we apologize for sucking so much the past 25 years!”
- It turns out having a sign by your pool saying “Whites Only” IS racist!
- SOPA author Lamar Smith steals images
- Don’t like the service of your waitstaff? If you’re a rich bastard like John Castle, just break their finger and call them a schmuck!
- Angry people tweet Michelle Obama
- Cartoon of the Day:
I can never read this guy’s name…
- US Military Contractors have been funding the Taliban.
- The FAA got shut down because the Republicans are trying to bust unions, costing us $25 million a day, and airlines are taking advantage of not having to charge taxes by raising their prices to make up the difference, disproving the whole “lower taxes and prices will go down” meme.
- Jesus’ General catches hatemonger Pam Gellar mongering hate
- Rick Scott is horrible, Part 124729057205720
- Americans for Prosperity is screwing with the Wisconsin recall elections
- Honduran police burn a community to the ground
- Fired army whistle-blower gets $970,000 settlement, he exposed Haliburton no-bid contracts in Iraq
- Murder Advocate Monitoring Service
- Cartoon of the Day:
Hope next week is better.
- Wisconsin Republicans went totally evil.
- You remember that Oil Spill in the Gulf? Well, it’s killing people, and we have to turn to Al Jazeera to get answers! Hooray for the US media!
- Japan blasted by awful earthquake and aftershocks
- Criminal Florida Republican Governor Rick Scott ends restoration of voting for Florida felons. That’s almost 200,000 people disenfranchised!
- House Panel repeals Net Neutrality rules. To continue to load Politisink.com, please pay $4.95/kbyte.
- No one was foreclosed on improperly! Also pigs fly…
- The Middle East is still shooting each other, and Libya will probably keep Qaddafi in power.
- Let’s not forget Michigan is frakked.
- Cartoon of the Day:
The Republican class war continues in Wisconsin, and has spread to Indiana and Maine.
The US has wasted tens of billions of dollars on contractors in Iraq and Afghanistan. But, we must cut money from the poors, not these rich companies!
US Rep. Paul Broun (R-GA) laughed along with the crowd when a supporter asked him when someone was going to shoot President Obama. I’m sure he laughed peacefully at the peaceful questioner who only wants Obama to be shot with a camera, and peacefully reported him to the secret service.
Fucking insane Georgia Republican state rep. Bobby Franklin wants to make miscarriages illegal. Every time a miscarriage happens, there will be a criminal investigation and the woman must prove she didn’t do it herself. Or she gets the death penalty. Culture of life, bitches! Considering like 1/3 of all pregnancies end in miscarriages (many without the woman even knowing), invest your money in death penalty chemicals!
I guess Georgia is sick of Arizona being the worst state in the Union…
South Dakota was going to make it legal to kill abortion doctors, but instead have decide to just make women who want to have abortions have “counseling”
(3) Provide the pregnant mother with the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of all pregnancy help centers that are registered with the South Dakota Department of Health pursuant to this Act, and provide her with written instructions that set forth the following:
(a) That prior to the day of any scheduled abortion the pregnant mother must have a consultation at a pregnancy help center at which the pregnancy help center shall inform her about what education, counseling, and other assistance is available to help the pregnant mother keep and care for her child, and have a private interview to discuss her circumstances that may subject her decision to coercion;
(b) That prior to signing a consent to an abortion, the physician shall first obtain from the pregnant mother, a written statement that she obtained a consultation with a pregnancy help center, which sets forth the name and address of the pregnancy help center, the date and time of the consultation, and the name of the counselor at the pregnancy help center with whom she consulted;
(a) The name of the physician who will perform the abortion;
(b) That the abortion will terminate the life of a whole, separate, unique, living human being;
(c) That the pregnant woman has an existing relationship with that unborn human being and that the relationship enjoys protection under the United States Constitution and under the laws of South Dakota;
(d) That by having an abortion, her existing relationship and her existing constitutional rights with regards to that relationship will be terminated;
(e) A description of all known medical risks of the procedure and statistically significant risk factors to which the pregnant woman would be subjected, including:
(i) Depression and related psychological distress;
(ii) Increased risk of suicide ideation and suicide;
(iii) A statement setting forth an accurate rate of deaths due to abortions, including all deaths in which the abortion procedure was a substantial contributing factor;
(iv) All other known medical risks to the physical health of the woman, including the risk of infection, hemorrhage, danger to subsequent pregnancies, and infertility;
(f) The probable gestational age of the unborn child at the time the abortion is to be performed, and a scientifically accurate statement describing the development of the unborn child at that age; and
(g) The statistically significant medical risks associated with carrying her child to term compared to undergoing an induced abortion.
But to help them do it they hired 61 assistants, each making more than a $100,000 a year. Salaries in the speaker’s office rose one and a half percent.
Cannon’s top aide, Matthew Bahl, makes $146,000 a year; that’s more than three-and-a-half times the speaker’s salary. Haridopolos’ top aide, Stephen MacNamara, makes more than $175,000, or more than four times the Senate president’s salary.
Happy Veteran’s Day!
Anyone take a look at google’s salute to Veteran’s Day?
Posted on Thu Nov 11 2010 11:41:45 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time) by bgill
I know many of you don’t click over to google.com but just take a look. At first glance, the flag is nice but look a bit closer and you’ll see the red crescent. I’m not buying that it is yet another optical illusion.
crescent=Muslim, for those of you who don’t know.
The G has always looked to me a little bit communist, like a hammer and sickle.
4 posted on Thu Nov 11 2010 11:43:39 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time) by Genoa (Put the kettle on!)
You can’t spell Gun without G! Guns are communist!
If it IS a secret signal to communists, take note that Old Glory is way ON TOP of the crescent, and the sun is shining in approval.
As I mentioned on another thread, at least they showed the flag on Veteran’s day and did not commemorate some obscure event or birthday.
9 posted on Thu Nov 11 2010 11:45:48 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time) by DBrow
Yes, and while it’s fine for others to disagree, there is a tone from some of, “you are crazy, stop talking about this, blah blah blah”. I don’t like that at all.
12 posted on Thu Nov 11 2010 11:53:19 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time) by brytlea (Jesus loves me, this I know.)
Teabaggers are dumb. Case #1 – Teabaggers protest a local community’s trash policies as “communist”
Case #2 – Teabaggers protest safe drinking water laws. Hope you like that teabag cancer!
Criminal and new Florida governor Rick Scott is breaking the law again.
- America is poor as hell. Thank you Republicans and awful Democrats. Class warfare, people!
- In a battle between Lady Gaga and John McCain, I choose Lady Gaga!
- Holy blast from the past (for me)! A long time ago (circa 2005-6) I used to make fun of this dude on the internet named Hans Zeiger who was totally into the Boy Scouts to the point where he probably wore his scout uniform as underwear. He wrote for WorldNetDaily and then eventually dropped off the face of the Earth after appearing in a Penn and Teller Bullshit episode. And now he’s a candidate for State House in Washington!
- Pennsylvania governor Ed Rendell got ticked off at the reports of gas protestors being included in the Homeland Security reports and terminated it. Good job, Rendell! The Institute of Terrorism Research and Response was the company doing all the reporting and their website is scary, with lots of military imagery and a giant owl face. And chess.
- Speaking of the Homeland Security Reports, friend of the site and fellow goon tacodaemon caught Foxnation.com lying about Tea Parties being on the lists and sent it into Media Matters, who put up an article about it.
- Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert are going to hold dueling rallies in DC on October 30th. Expect the Teabaggers to cry and whine like the babies they are. Stewart’s rally will be the “Rally to Restore Sanity”, while Colbert’s is the “March to Keep Fear Alive”
- Former chair of the Florida Republican Party Jim Greer apologizes about calling Obama a socialist.
I wanted to send you my thoughts about the Obama speech to kids …
“In the year since I issued a prepared statement regarding President Obama speaking to the Nation’s school children, I have learned a great deal about the party I so deeply loved and served. Unfortunately, I found that many within the GOP have racist views and I apologize to the President for my opposition to his speech last year and my efforts to placate the extremists who dominate our Party today. My children and I look forward to the President’s speech.”
- A former military contractor stole millions of dollars??? Totally shocked here. Actually, I am shocked, as this guy’s going to jail!
- A new site has popped up guaranteeing you all the latest horrible and offensive comments from FOXNews.com. Introducing Fox News Comments.com!
- At a press conference at the Yelp headquarters in San Francisco, Meg Whitman (California governor hopeful and record-breaking campaign self financier) was asked by an audience member why she continues to run false and deliberately misleading campaign ads. Watch Whitman’s pathetically floundering response on Crooks And Liars!
- The Teabaggers made a float with Obama whipping a white guy, and probably grumbled while they were building it about how everyone thinks their racist for no reason at all!
- Cartoon of the Day:
The Texas Republican Party has released their new 25-page manifesto where they have gone more crazy than usual. It’s time to mess with Texas.
We recommend a national sales tax (which does not include a Value Added Tax) to replace all other Federal taxes once the I.R.S. is abolished and the Sixteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution is repealed. However, until such time that the income tax is abolished, we support deductions for private and home schooling, home mortgages, and sales taxes.
We believe the Minimum Wage Law should be repealed.
We urge the Texas legislature in its next biennial session to enact legislation requiring a sonogram be performed and offered as part of the consent process to each mother seeking an elective abortion.
We oppose the legalization of sodomy.
We oppose the implementation of one world currency.
See a Census Worker not getting threatened? It is unusual.
Mosque fun in Tennessee… – Tracey Steven, who also attended, said, “Our country was founded through the founding fathers — through the true God, the Father and Jesus Christ.”
Teabaggers are declaring Florida Tea Party candidates as plants, further proving they are nothing but the knuckle-dragging wing of the GOP
Cartoon of the Day – 1930 Edition!:
Those heat waves are part of the reason for the dust bowl. We need more cloud people in comics.
Turncoat Rep. Parker Griffith got his butt beat in the Republican Primary last night. In the words of Baby Animal from Muppet Babies: Go bye-bye!
Former Florida GOP chair Jim Greer has been arrested and is charged with six felony counts of fraud, theft, and money laundering due to a shell company called Victory Strategies that he set up to skim money from his fundraising efforts. TPM has the affidavit if you want to read it for LOLs.
Palin is saying the Gulf Oil Disaster proves her Drill, Baby, Drill garbage was right! She also goes on to say that Jesse James and Tiger Woods prove marriage works.
Home sales soared in April, proving the economy is back on track. Or that people were rushing to buy homes before the tax credits expired and home sales will come crashing down when the May reports his. But, whatever, buy now or be priced out forever!
In the wake of Democratic Senate Candidate Richard Blumenthal lying about his military record, Republicans have come out of the woodwork to lie about their military records! IL Senate candidate Mark Kirk is a big fat liar, Rep. Gary Miller is a big fat liar, and Arizona Governor Jan Brewer is a big fat liar about her dad.